Kave-X Postal Delivery service Terms
The following contains the detailed specifications for postal delivery services from Vodafone Cook Islands known as “Kave X” services. It also sets out a number of terms and conditions that you must understand, and requirements that you must meet, before using our services.
By using our services, you agree to:
● the service terms and conditions set out below.
● comply with the requirements of the service.
● pay us the full price for our services.
Service Terms & Conditions
We will deliver your item as per your delivery instructions:
● If we arrive at the delivery address and there is no one there to sign for the item, we will leave a notification at the address and return the item to the hub and the sender contacted for further action to be taken the following business day.
● Any further attempts after the first will be charged at the normal rate for that sized item.
● Every attempt to secure loose and aggressive animals should be made by the owners. If there are any such animals on the property, our staff will not risk harm to themselves and return the item to the hub. In the event an animal attacks our staff, the owner of the
animal will be held liable for all medical expenses, repayment of lost work hours and other costs.
● Authority to leave the item at the delivery address must be provided in writing prior to delivery.
● If we are unable to deliver the item after 2 attempts, we will return it to the sender for the cost of the normal (base) rate for that sized item.
A weight restriction of 10kgs is applied for both services, collection & delivery. Heavier or oversized items will incur an additional fee.
We can collect and deliver from most dwellings and businesses on Rarotonga. Both collection and delivery points should have reasonable access.
Schedule & Booking
Collection and delivery times are set out from 10am to 12pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays). All collection/deliveries must be booked with our team by 9am, Monday to Friday. Any changes will be reflected on our website.
Our prices for the Services are based on our standard rates and are current at the time you pay or when you lodge your item for delivery. For an updated list of pricing go here
Payment can be made via E-Moni or EFTPOS or can be charged to your Vodafone account to approved customers. Cash payment to our drivers is not an acceptable method of payment.
● Charging to your Vodafone account must be requested at the time of booking to ensure
it is a suitable method of payment for you. The sender must have authority to charge to
the account or the collection will not take place.
● E-Moni or EFTPOS payments can be made at the time of collection.
Your responsibilities to us
You must make sure that:
All items are given to us correctly addressed for Rarotonga delivery. You follow all instructions about using our services as specified, in particular you must not give us any item for delivery that is inadequately packaged or is illegal or capable (as packed) of causing personal injury or property damage.
You agree that you DO NOT give us any items for delivery that contain any prohibited, valuable or dangerous goods as listed below:
● illegal, explosive, dangerous or destructive items
● any firearms
● illegal substances
● any livestock or animals
● contains currency, precious metal, deeds, negotiable instruments (including any bearer security, bill of exchange or uncrossed cheque), bonds or shares, credit or bank cards, vouchers, gift cards, tickets for games of chance or event tickets.
● has a shelf life of less than 3 days (unrefrigerated), we do not offer chilled service.
● is accompanied by any required documentation that is incomplete or inaccurate.
If you give us any postal or non-postal item referred to above, or in any other way you do not comply with our terms and conditions:
● you understand that we and our employees and agents may not be liable to pay any compensation to you for any loss or damage to that item; and
● you agree to pay us for any resulting damage, loss, liability or costs we may incur. We can stop services. If we reasonably believe you are using a Service for unlawful purposes, we may terminate that service immediately, by notice to you.
Complying items already in our network will still be delivered.