Vodafone Cook Islands COVID-19 Care Plan
Vodafone Cook Islands has today announced a first wave of customer care actions as part of a response ‘COVID-19 Care’ plan it is putting in place to support customers impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Covid-19 Care Plan includes;
For residential customers, small business customers, incorporated societies and community groups:
Free Pension plans for 3 months starting from 1 March
Free landline rental for ALL customers for 3 months from 1 March
The due date for payment of monthly postpaid accounts will be extended from 30 days to 90 days
No termination of any customers service under financial hardship
A 50% reduction on all Postpay Broadband and Postpay Mobile plans for 3 months from 1 March
A 50% reduction on all local and national landline and mobile calling rates for 3 months (Prepay and Postpay)
For Corporate customers
Any corporate customers facing financial hardship can contact us so that we can work out the right assistance and package for your business.
We will be working with Companies to adjust their plans to reflect the downturn in business and will apply specialised care to ensure that they are able to recover rapidly as we exit the worst of the current situation.We understand there will be many questions around this Care Plan, so rest assured our team will be ready to assist with your queries..Feel free to call us on 123 for more clarification on this Care Plan.
'We are in this together'
COVID-19 Care Plan Terms
On 18 March 2020, Vodafone Cook Islands announced a first wave of customer care actions to support our valued customers impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
We are here to meet your changing needs. Social distancing, isolation and quarantine don’t have to mean we are apart. We want our community to stay connected.
The following Care Plan applies until 1 July 2020.
The Covid-19 Care Plan includes:
1. FOR ALL OUR CUSTOMERS. Free landline rental for 3 months from 1 March 2020.
2. FOR OUR RETAIL CUSTOMERS. For customers on our standard retail postpay plans, such as our residential customers (including pensioners), small business owners, incorporated societies and community groups:
a) The due date for payment of your monthly postpay bill for March, April and May 2020 will be extended from 30 days to 90 days (relief period). This means:
Your March bill doesn’t have to be paid until 30 June 2020
Your April bill doesn’t have to be paid until 31 July 2020
Your May bill doesn’t have to be paid until 31 August 2020
Please bear in mind that at the end of the relief period, you will have to pay your bill in full. Also, your bills for the months of June onwards will each need to be paid by the ‘due date’ as printed on your bill to avoid suspension of service. If you are able to, we encourage you to still pay your bill every month so that you keep on top of your expenses.
b) We won’t suspend or terminate any customer’s service if they are under financial hardship. If you aren’t able to pay what you owe us, please give us a call on 123, email email@example.com or come in and see us at our Main Office. We can ensure your postpay services stay connected for the months of March, April and May 2020 while we work with you on a repayment plan.
c) We won’t charge any early termination fees if you want to exit a fixed term contract for any of these standard retail services: landline, postpay mobile and postpay broadband. If you are on a postpay handset promo plan, you’ll still need to pay the balance of the purchase price for the handset when you terminate the plan.
d) We won’t charge any customer a penalty fee to go down a postpay mobile or broadband plan. For example, if you are on our Red 89 mobile postpay plan and ask to downgrade to a Red 49 plan, we’ll make the change without charging you any penalty fee.
e) All our postpay broadband customers will get 50% off their fixed monthly plan fee for 3 months from 1 March 2020. Standard charges will apply for add-ons and excess usage. If you upgrade your plan after 19 March 2020, you will be required to remain on the upgraded plan for a period of 6 months.
f) All our postpay mobile customers will get 50% off their fixed monthly plan fee for 3 months from 1 March 2020. Standard excess charges apply. If you upgrade your plan after 19 March 2020, you will be required to remain on the upgraded plan for a period of 6 months.
g) All local calls for the months of March, April and May 2020 will be discounted by 50%. ‘Local calls’ means:
Local landline to landline calls
National landline calls
Local landline to mobile calls
Local mobile to mobile calls.
Local mobile to national landline calls
International calls are charged at normal rates.
3. FOR OUR CORPORATE CUSTOMERS. Any corporate customer facing financial hardship can contact us so that we can work out the right assistance and package for your business. We can work with you to adjust your plans to reflect the downturn in business and will apply specialised care to support your business to recover rapidly as we exit the worst of the current situation.
4. FOR OUR PREPAY CUSTOMERS. Keep your prepay to what you need and manage your expenses by purchasing credit whenever.
5. The intention of this Care Plan is to provide temporary relief for our valued customers. However, we are mindful that some bad bananas may try to take advantage of the relief. We want to remind our customers that our Fair Use Policy applies to our services, see http://www.vodafone.co.ck/fair-use-policy. Also, if we believe that any customer is taking advantage of the relief or misrepresents they are suffering hardship, we will terminate their service.
6. Our credit management policy will continue to apply to any application for a new service, including a plan upgrade.
7. This Care Plan takes priority over terms of service we have with you. If the plan doesn’t change a term of service, that term continues to apply as it is.
We understand there will be many questions around this Care Plan. Rest assured our team will be ready to assist with your queries. Feel free to call us on 123 for more information.
'We are in this together'
All customers are advised that under Section 17 of the COVID-19 Act 2020, Vodafone Cook Islands may share information with Government agencies as necessary to manage and mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Effective 1 April 2020, all our terms of service are amended to authorise the sharing of customer information with Government agencies for the purposes set out in Section 17 of the Act.